*UPDATE* We are in the process of moving so before mailing anything please check with me for our current addresses.
If you are interested in having your book reviewed please read this page for more info and contact O at: ODbookreviews (at) gmail (dot) com. You may also e-mail me for guest posts etc. View promotional options here.
Our Reading queue is currently very long (years) with a shorter short-list.
- I can not guarantee that I will review the book.
- I cannot promise a positive review in exchange for a review copy.
- When reviewing books I try not to rate based on personal feelings and instead analyze the good and bad features of the book. For example I wont knock off a star for gore just because I don’t like gore, but I will knock off some rating for a weak plot or poor character development.
- I do not review books I haven’t fully read but I also do not review every book that I have fully read.
- I don’t knock off rating for minor spelling and grammar issues only frequent ones.
- We accept the following formats: kindle, e-books, .mobi, .epub, paperbacks and hardbacks. Please, no PDFs.
- Signed physical copies get bumped to the shortlist. If you ship to the U.S. you can e-mail me for O’s/D’s mailing address and if you include a digital copy of the book in the e-mail I can jump on it quicker. Authors who go this extra mile while submitting their book get priority reading. We update the wallpaper regularly with the signed books we have received. Signed books also tend to get extra posts and exposure just due to the photo-ops.
- I will never share or reproduce your book. It will only be downloaded onto O’s and D’s devices.
- I receive a lot of submissions so you may have to wait a while for your review. You may experience a long wait on the e-mail response as well (sorry). I receive hundreds of e-mails, I even got a handful on Christmas day!
- We do not want to start a series in the middle.
- Please no super long books.
If you would like me to host a giveaway contest for your book feel free to e-mail me. I do month-long giveaway contests with lots of coverage for your book(s) and sites. I use rafflecopter and participants gain entries by visiting/following your various sites and social media. Contact me to be included in our next giveaway contest! Let me know if you would like to be added to the master list for giveaway invites.
5 Stars = AWESOME! Go read it now!
4 Stars = Very good book!
3 Stars = Liked it, has potential
2 Stars = Didn’t care for it, flawed
1 Star = Not worth reading.
O’s favorite genres (in no particular order)(preferred file format: MOBI or EPUB):
- Mystery/Cozy Mystery
- Time Travel/Magic/Fantasy/Superheroes
- Science Fiction
- Historical Fictions/Historical Romance
- Graphic Novels/Comics
- Short Stories
- Illustrated Children’s Books
- Sad, boring dramas.
- Non-Fiction/Historical Non-Fiction
- Cliffhanger endings.
- Really, really SAD books (I’ll only accept sadness in moderation)
- In order to distribute my time fairly among authors I cannot accept any super long books.
- The 2nd book of a series without reading the 1st, first.
- Cozy Mystery and Mystery
- Ghost Stories
- Short Stories
- Scary/Suspense (no gore)
- Chick Lit
- Slashers/Gorey books
- Sports books
- Lots of swearing
- Cliffhanger endings